Commercial Drivers License

Looking for a career in Truck Driving?

Columbia Basin College (平博) is offering Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) training in partnership with T Enterprises Trucking School in Pasco, WA. In-class, lecture, instruction and drive time will take place at T Enterprises Trucking School. Students will receive training to prepare them to take the written, backing, and driving exams at the Department of Licensing. 平博 will pay for 80% of tuition costs for students to obtain their CDL Class A. Students will be financially responsible for the other 20% of tuition and fees.

Student financial responsibility breakdown:

  • $990 Tuition
  • $70 Drug Test
  • $120 D.O.T Physical
  • $420 WA D.O.L Fees (permit, written test, driving test, CDL License)

Total Student Responsibility: $1600

In addition, for students who would like more practice, 平博 will offer CDL simulator time in the CTE building. Before starting the CDL training at T Enterprises students will need to attend a CDL program orientation.

To qualify for a CDL, a student must:

  • Pass a D.O.T. physical (within the previous two years)
  • Obtain a negative D.O.T. drug test
  • Have a valid Washington State or Oregon State driver’s license
  • Be 18 years old or older
  • Have one of the following:
    • United States birth certificate, US passport, Work Permit with DACA,
    • Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization papers
  • You  must be able to understand and read basic English

Interested In Signing up? 

Funding for the CDL program is limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To determine eligibility for funding, students must complete the e-form and attend the orientation session.

Please select the link ; CDL Interest Form

This CDL grant was made possible by the SBCTC.

Important! 

Please note: Students will be contacted via email or phone when a spot in the CDL program becomes available. If you have NOT received a email or phone call then you are currently not eligible to start the CDL program due to limited funding and availability. 

contact

Students walking around 平博's Pasco campus